Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Day 6: Bullies

I have been too angry to write.  Hence, the real truth for the sporadic Lenten writings thus far.

The thing I gave up for Lent last year has all but consumed my Lent this year.

And all the anger started on Ash Wednesday.

I have felt very much attacked by Satan.

So, today, I chose to read from my devotional bible in the hopes that I could find something to give me perspective on bullies.  Because it is bullies in various forms that have stoked my anger.  Bullying that is completely unjust and unfair and yet still allowed to continue that has caused me to fester with indignation.

Therefore, today, finally, I needed to know. 

How does God deal with bullies?

Please, God, tell me you can't stand bullies.

And this is what I found:

Nahum - Just the whole darn book

I could summarize it here for you, but it really is such a good read.  And humbling too.  Makes me take stock that I can put my trust in Him.  Makes me realize how long I have taken to turn to Him in all of this...

Nahum 1:3 

The Lord is slow to anger and great in power;
the Lord will not leave the guilty unpunished.
His way is in the whirlwind and the storm,
and clouds are the dust of his feet.

You really need to get out your bible and read the rest.

It's good stuff, I tell you.

No comments:

Post a Comment