Wednesday, May 11, 2011

I need a pedicure. And an eyebrow wax. And some general beauty time that I keep pushing aside. What I really need most of all is to get back to reading and praying daily, like I did during lent. When I promised God and y'all that I would write for forty days, I felt convicted to follow through. And through those writings I was able to reach out to people, but I was also able to reach back into my heart where some things were getting overlooked or ignored or plain denied. Since Easter I have been so, so tired. Lots of obstacles have come our way, and the extra energy needed for grace and patience has honestly drained me. Completely. I have been telling myself to get back to the writing, but then I tell myself to get back to the writing when I have energy.

Then, I read this:

http://gitzengirl.blogspot.com/2011/05/seek.html

And I realized that the writing gave me the energy for my days, not because I am the next Faulkner, but because in my writing I slowed down and spent time with my Lord. There would have been no way for me to complete forty entries in a row otherwise. So, I am going to get back at it. I make a promise to write three days a week for one month as a start. The threes are for the Trinity, and the month will get us to Pentecost.

And now, I must go at least get dressed, bushy eyebrows, winter feet, and all!

No comments:

Post a Comment