Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Lenten Journal Day 25

First, please read this blog.

(If my attempt at linking you to her does not work, I am trying to send you to Gitzen Girl's blog entry for Wednesday, April 6th. Her website is gitzengirl.blogspot.com.)

She's right, you know. As a whole, we don't like to tell people about our problems, our worries, our frustrations. Because we don't want to sound as though we are whiners. Our stuff, well, it's not as bad as the other guy, so...

Or, if we do break down and admit our ugly, we apologize for our breakdown, all the while trying to recollect ourselves and feeling as though we have burdened another unnecessarily.

But aren't we here for each other?

Again, my children teach me.

Kelly has suddenly begun asking me every day, "Are we Jesus's arms and legs and head? And are we God's arms and legs and feet and hands? How?"

I don't know why Kelly has started with these questions, but he has. God is speaking to me. I do know that. I haven't yet figured out what He's trying to tell me, but in the meantime, I say we can all start practicing being hands and feet and eyes and ears of God. We can pray for each other. And in the Spirit of practice, I'll tell you my prayer requests, and then you can comment and tell me yours. And we can pray for each other.

Simply. Pray. For. Each. Other.

I Corinthians 12:12

The body is a unit, though it is made up of many parts; and though all its parts are many, they form one body. So it is with Christ.


My requests:

  • peace and guidance - I struggle daily to put the future in God's hands.
  • I want rid of anxiety. I suffer from bouts of anxiety from time to time. It has turned out to be a blessing in some ways, but it still feels overwhelming at times.
  • safety for Michael as he drives every day to work
  • a new home in Rock Hill
  • stability for my children - It's been a never ending transition for them.
  • patience - I keep talking to God about how I am tired of this lesson, but He continues to force it. I don't need any more opportunity for practice; I need help with the opportunity I have!
  • knowing what to say each day as we finish our Lenten journey
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment