Monday, March 28, 2011

Lenten Journal Day 17

One of my favorite verses -

John 16:33
"I have told you these things, so that you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world."



Y'all that have been keeping up know that we planted St. Joseph underneath the For Sale sign in our front yard on his feast day. We prayed over him and asked Jesus to talk to his daddy, St. Joseph, and ever since I have had a greater sense of peace about my house situation. It's liberating.

Yesterday I had the thought that the worse the situation is for us in the market, the better for God's presence to be recognized when He takes care of us. Today, I met with my realtor. We went over homes that are selling, and none are in my neighborhood. The number of homes sold are about half overall what they were a year ago. Our competition is mounting by the day. And my realtor; well, he just looked at me, gave me a little homework, then said, "At some point we just have to let go and let God."

I smiled. I know, Bob. I already have. And it's going to be just fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment